Do you have a food product you’d like to bring to market? We can help!
We provide assistance to ensure safety and stability of food products entering the marketplace including:
-Lab Analysis for pH, water activity, and Brix of food and beverage products (instructions here)
-Process Authority approval and Scheduled Process: Product Review, Documentation, and Process Validation (instructions here)
-Resources for Nutrition Analysis, Co-packers, Packaging Suppliers, Shelf-Life Studies, and More!
-Regulatory Compliance: Registration and Licensing with State and FDA agencies
-Small Scale Food Entrepreneurship: A Technical Guide for Food Ventures
-Better Process Control School: Necessary certification for Acidified and Low Acid Food manufacturers. Next available class: May 1-4, 2017
-Food Science 101: check out our Blog!
-Presentations and workshops: Interested? Contact us! firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit our dropbox with everything needed to work with us: https://cornell.box.com/v/NECFEGuide
Our team of professionals has expertise in all aspects of food safety and regulatory compliance. Our director is a Product Process Authority. Teaching, research and extension programs are integrated to support the development and success of agricultural, value-added, food products.
Through the center, entrepreneurs have access to established Cornell facilities such as:
- Analytical Laboratories for extensive product analysis and methods development.
- Fruit and Vegetable Technology Pilot Plant offers extensive equipment for a wide variety of processing, testing and scale-up operations. Controlled temperature and humidity rooms are available for storage and shelf-life studies.
- Vinification and Brewing Technology Laboratory is a pilot plant serving wine makers and brewers for collaborative research and development in winemaking and brewing.
- Food Processing and Development Laboratory includes a 10,000 ft2 pilot plant equipped with a wide selection of pilot-scale equipment, available for use by clients on a contract basis.
- USDA Approved Meats Laboratory consists of a federally inspected abattoir for cattle, sheep and swine with chill coolers, freezers, meat processing and vacuum packing equipment
- Dairy Pilot Plant equipped with cheese, yogurt and ice cream processing capabilities.
Northeast United States: New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Ohio and New Jersey