We provide educational materials, workshops, direct assistance, and referrals to appropriate organizations, in the following areas:
- Product Process Development
- Product Safety Evaluation
- Guidance in local, state and Federal Regulatory Compliance
- Linkages to Business Assistance and Potential Financing Sources
- Referrals to Local Suppliers and Service Providers
- Funds for loans and grants are not available through this program.
Our team of professionals has expertise in all aspects of food safety and regulatory compliance. Our director is a Product Process Authority. Teaching, research and extension programs are integrated to support the development and success of agricultural, value-added, food products.
Through the center, entrepreneurs have access to established Cornell facilities such as:
- Analytical Laboratories for extensive product analysis and methods development.
- Fruit and Vegetable Technology Pilot Plant offers extensive equipment for a wide variety of processing, testing and scale-up operations. Controlled temperature and humidity rooms are available for storage and shelf-life studies.
- Vinification and Brewing Technology Laboratory is a pilot plant serving wine makers and brewers for collaborative research and development in winemaking and brewing.
- Food Processing and Development Laboratory includes a 10,000 ft2 pilot plant equipped with a wide selection of pilot-scale equipment, available for use by clients on a contract basis.
- USDA Approved Meats Laboratory consists of a federally inspected abatoir for cattle, sheep and swine with chill coolers, freezers, meat processing and vacuum packing equipment
- Dairy Pilot Plant equipped with cheese, yogurt and ice cream processing capabilities.
Northeast United States: New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Ohio and New Jersey